At EPOSHC we have a variety of activities, excursions and incursions to the Service to support an engaging and exciting holiday period. Vacation Care operates between 6.30am and 6.00pm during school holidays and on pupil free days.
To be eligible to use our Vacation Care, children must be of primary school age. Children from other schools are welcome to attend, however students from Everton Park State School will be prioritised in instances where Vacation Care is booked out. Preps may attend Vacation Care from the 1st January of the year they begin school. You will need to be enrolled at EPOSHC to book your child into a Vacation Care day.
Please see the links to the right to access the Vacation Care Program, menu, and Vacation Care incursion/excursion permission form. Please note charges vary per day depending on the day/activity.
Vacation Care bookings open approximately 2-3 weeks prior to the upcoming school holiday period. We will release the program is via email and message to Xplor Home app. Booking requests should not be sent through prior to this time.
Please make sure you read all terms, conditions, and instructions below to find out how to book Vacation Care positions via our online booking system.
Please note charges vary depending on the day and activity. To view the charges for each day, click the orange Vacation Care Program button. The charges will be applied to your account as per normal.
Breakfast and lunch are provided. Morning and afternoon tea need to be provided by yourselves.
Children must wear closed in shoes. Children are NOT to wear open sandals or thongs. Children must wear a board brimmed hat and are encouraged to wear sun safe clothing.
It is suggested that all children bring a spare set of clothes. Some activities may be messy and we recommend children bring in an old set of clothes as WKC can’t guarantee that stains can be removed. All precautions are taken eg. Art smocks, however, some activities we aren’t able to use these (as advised on program).
The program details all of the activities that will take place of the vacation period, including incursions and excursions.
In VC the children are provided with breakfast and lunch. You will need to provide morning and afternoon tea.
All Incursions and Excursions will require your additional permission to be given. Please complete the form once you have made the booking.
Vacation Care Fees & How to Book
Vacation Care Fees
The Vacation Care cancellation notice period is 7 days’ notice in writing (via email). No exceptions will be made as this forms part of the terms and conditions of (casual) bookings for Vacation Care. This also includes children who are away sick on the day and casual bookings made within the notice period.
By booking your child into Vacation Care you accept these terms and conditions. The daily fee charged includes Breakfast (6.30am-7.45am) and Lunch (12pm-1pm) which is prepared on site.
All Snacks (Morning and Afternoon Tea) must be supplied by the parent/carer. Fruit is on offer to children throughout the day if needed.
Vacation Care Booking
When you have been notified that the Vacation Care program is available, bookings should be completed in the Xplor home app. See steps below.
- Open the Xplor Home app
- Click on the bookings tab.
- Click on the relevant day on the calendar.
- To add a booking click “(+) New” in the top right-hand corner and select ‘Booking’ in the pop up.
- Available sessions will be viewable for that day. Select the session you wish to book (i.e., Vacation Care, do not click request a space on this screen)
- Swipe down to bring the calendar back up.
- For multiple bookings, repeat the process above until all the sessions are selected.
- Once selected, click the pram icon in the top right-hand corner to move to the summary screen.
- The summary screen will display the name of the child, the sessions being booked at their price, time, and room. If these are incorrect, click the back arrow to correct selections. Once happy with the selections, click ‘Request’.
- If the sessions have been booked successfully, the next screen will show a ‘confirmed’ status for the booking.
- Any sessions that are booked on excursion/incursion days will also require a permission form to be completed. This must be submitted the same time you make your booking. If the form is not submitted your booking cannot be finalised. The permission form will be sent out via the Xplor app.
Cancellation can only occur when – more than 7 days’ notice is given. This should be emailed to email@example.com – this will be free of charge.
If cancelling with less than 7 days notice this should be done within the Xplor Home app. The booking will be charged.
If your child is unwell, please do not bring them to the Service during Vacation Care. We will unfortunately not be able to accept any sick child. All notice periods apply. 7 days written notice of a cancellation is required. If less than 7 days’ notice is given you will need to mark your child absent on Xplor and this will be charged as per the terms and conditions of enrolment.